As winter is approaching and days are getting shorter, we are extra delighted at the golden glow of a candle, or the sparkles of hanging fairy lights. These 20 magical luminaries are really fun and easy to make, from ice to coffee cans, paper to glass! They will warm your heart and get you ready for the festive seasons!
1. Botanical Ice Luminaries: Collect some botanical treasures and create a mini winter wonderland! It’s simple, beautiful, and free! See the tutorial here at A piece of Rainbow .
2. Epsom Salt Mason Jar Luminaries: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know” This genius DIY from Ginger at Ginger Snap Crafts will make your days merry and bright!
3. Dimensional Flower Luminaries: All you need are some paper and old drinking glass to make these elegant lanterns. Check out the tutorial here!
4. Orange Candles: How to turn an orange into a candle? It’s super easy! Find out in this fun tutorial!
5.Enchanting Mini Houses: These little paper houses with LED tea light would be so charming in a table setting or as Christmas tree ornaments! Get your free template here!
6.Coffee Can Lanterns: I just love the beautiful patterns made by nailing holes into a coffee can. Karen’s project at Design Sponge will inspire you to start saving coffee cans!
7. Ice Orbs: Taking about magical! Gabrielle at Design Mom shares how she made these with the help of balloons and a little food coloring! Incredible!
8. Grape Vine Sphere Light: One day we are going to have an old tree outside our house and this tutorial will be the first one I go to! Thank you Lynne for inspiring!
9. Paper Bag Hanging Light: So simple and pretty! Although tea candles were called for in this tutorial from Design Sponge, I would use LED candles.
10. Cupcake Liner Fairy Light: Even cupcake liners can be transformed to something really lovely and festive. See how Camilla made these sweet creations at CFab Bride Signs!