In winter we are extra delighted at the golden glow of a candle, or the sparkles of hanging fairy lights. These 20 magical luminaries are really fun and easy to make, from ice to coffee cans, paper to glass! They will warm your heart and get you ready for the festive seasons!
1. Orange Candles: How to turn an orange into a candle? It’s super easy! Find out in this fun tutorial!
2. Botanical Ice Luminaries: Collect some botanical treasures and create a mini winter wonderland! It’s simple, beautiful, and free! See the tutorial here at A piece of Rainbow .
3. Epsom Salt Mason Jar Luminaries: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know” This genius DIY from Ginger at Ginger Snap Crafts will make your days merry and bright!
4. Dimensional Flower Luminaries: All you need are some paper and old drinking glass to make these elegant lanterns. Check out the tutorial here!
5.Enchanting Mini Houses: These little paper houses with LED tea light would be so charming in a table setting or as Christmas tree ornaments! Get your free template here!
6.Coffee Can Lanterns: I just love the beautiful patterns made by nailing holes into a coffee can. Karen’s project at Design Sponge will inspire you to start saving coffee cans!
7. Ice Orbs: Taking about magical! Gabrielle at Design Mom shares how she made these with the help of balloons and a little food coloring! Incredible!
8. Grape Vine Sphere Light: One day we are going to have an old tree outside our house and this tutorial will be the first one I go to! Thank you Lynne for inspiring!
9. Paper Bag Hanging Light: So simple and pretty! Although tea candles were called for in this tutorial from Design Sponge, I would use LED candles.
10. Cupcake Liner Fairy Light: Even cupcake liners can be transformed to something really lovely and festive. See how Camilla made these sweet creations at CFab Bride Signs!
11. Light in a Bottle: Instant charm from an up-cycled bottle! Some tutorials I have seen recommend drilling a hole on the bottom of the bottles, but this one does not. As long as you hide the wire, your guests will be too busy admiring this magical bottle to notice any thing else!
12. Canvas Light Art: Fireworks? Fairy dust? A piece of art work that lights up, what more could we ask for? Found on Apartment Therapy.
13. Printed Paper Bag Luminaries: The nostalgic photos and words printed on a brown paper bag reminds me of old vintage book pages. Alexa at Swell Designs will show you how to make these beauties!
14. Tissue Paper and Paper Bag Luminaries: this fun and fabulous diy by Karen at Krafty Krook will give you so many ideas of how to create your own designs with tissue paper!
15. Dollie Paper Bag Luminaries: Martha did it again! These stunning paper dollie mandala luminaries are so exotic and elegant!
16. Paper Pyramids Luminaries: Imagine how pretty this would be made with old musical sheets? Gina shares her lovely pyramid lantern tutorial at Willowday with a template for you to download!
17. Spray Painted Glass Lanterns: Can you believe these are made from Dollar Store vases? Check out this amazing transformation at Six Sisters Stuff!
18. Plastic Bottle Boho Lanterns: Actually they are made from recycled plastic bottles for Earthday at Craft and Hobby. I am in love with the bohemian charm derived from the spontaneous paint and details of beads!
19. Wax Luminaries: These delicate “flowers” are made from wax! Check out the wonderful tutorial by super talented Gina from Willowday !
20. Wax Paper Luminaries: Can a DIY get any simpler than this?? And how gorgeous! All you need are strips of wax paper and 1 minute, really! If you have always loved DIY, but “have no time” “no skill”(NOT true)… well, try this one from Design Sponge.
Wish you an inspired weekend! Happy creating! =)